By using Tales from Tabata (the “Blog”), you consent to the following terms in this disclaimer (the “Disclaimer”).
1. Nature of the Blog. The Blog is a personal, non-commercial blog.
2. Blog contains personal opinions only. All opinions expressed on the Blog belong solely to Kenneth Lee (the “Author”). Nothing in the Blog represents the opinions of any natural persons, corporate bodies, or organizations with whom the Author is employed, contracted with, or otherwise have any past or present relationship with in any professional, representative, or personal capacity at any period in time. No opinion on the Blog is intended to attack or constitute libel or slander to any natural person, gender, religion, sexual orientation, race, ethnic group, or other protected identity.
3. Use the facts on the Blog at your own risk. The Author makes his best effort to ensure that all statements of fact on the Blog are accurate and true to his knowledge, but the Blog will contain errors, omissions, or mistakes. The Author makes no warranty or representation, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, availability, completeness or usefulness of the statements of fact contained on this Blog, and in so far as permitted by law, shall not have any legal liability or responsibility (including liability for negligence) for any loss, damage, or injury which may result, whether directly or indirectly, from the supply or use of such statements of fact. The Author further makes no undertaking to maintain the accuracy of or revise statements of fact on this Blog.
3A. Ethics Policy. The Blog is follows an Ethics Policy. If you have concerns about the scope of opinions and statements of fact that this Blog represents, including, but not limited to, sponsorship, the language used on this Blog, and the representation of gender, sexuality, race, and other protected identities, please read the Ethics Policy.
3B. Ethics Policy part of Disclaimer. By using the Blog, you consent to the terms set forth in the Ethics Policy. Any terms set forth in the Ethics Policy that concern the Author’s liability on statements of fact and / or opinion on the Blog are part of the Disclaimer.
4. Links from the Blog. The Author has no control over the content or availability of third party sites that you may access through the Blog and such links are provided for your information only. If you visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. The Blog does not endorse and are not responsible or liable (directly or indirectly) for any content, advertising, products, services, views expressed or information on or available from third party websites (including without limitation payment for and delivery of any products or services) or for any damage, loss or offence caused by or in connection with your access to and use of such third party sites and any available services. Any Terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with any dealings on any third party sites are solely between you and the relevant provider of that site and/or any relevant service.
Intellectual Property Rights Notice
5. All rights reserved. Subject to Clause 7, and unless expressly stated otherwise, all Blog materials and content, including photographs and Japanese-to-English translations (the “Blog Materials”), are the Author’s work and copyright is vested in the Author.
6. Reproduction prohibited. No Blog Materials or works purchased by the Author (“Commissioned Works”) may be stored, reproduced or distributed in any way and for whatsoever purpose.
7. Use of Third-Party Works. The Blog uses materials and content that are neither the Author’s work nor Commissioned Works (“Third-Party Works”) for the purpose of criticism or review of a Third-Party Work, or for the purpose of reporting current events. The Blog shall accompany each use of a Third-Party Work with a sufficient acknowledgement. Accordingly, the scope of Clause 5 and Clause 6 does not include:
(a) Embedded videos hosted on external sites;
(b) Text from third-party sources cited as block-quotes on the Blog (“Block-quotes”), except for Japanese-to-English translations of Block-quotes;
(c) Materials outside the scope of (a), (b), and (c) whereby third-party copyright is expressly stated on the Blog.
8. Data Collection Practices. The Blog collects and shares data with the following services:-
|WordPress.com||For necessary site functions and analytics.||To find out more about WordPress.com’s data collection practices, visit this site.|
|To supplement information on the Blog.||To find out more about Google’s data collection practices, visit this site.|
|To supplement information on the Blog.||To find out more about Twitter’s data collection practices, visit this site.|
9. Liability for Data Collection Practices. The Author undertakes no responsibility or liability for Data Collection Practices by WordPress.com or third-party services and sites, their content, their policies, or their activities.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following sites:
Changes to the Disclaimer
Changes to this Disclaimer are summarized below.
- July 15, 2019: First published.
- December 23, 2019: Added a Clause 2A on an Ethics Policy. In Clause 3, changed the term “information” to “statements of fact”; added one sentence.
- March 15, 2020: Renumbered Clause 2A to Clause 3A. Added a Clause 3B incorporating the Ethics Policy into the Disclaimer.